Thursday, July 7, 2011

People Get Ready....

Ashton is coming! Well, I hope so... I just had a phone interview for a new full time position! AND I just got an email today requesting an in-person interview this Monday! Whoo! I'm so excited and nervous and happy... Nothing makes you feel better than getting positive feedback on a job interview- feeling like you're wanted and accepted and a possible asset. Nothing beats that feeling- except maybe getting offered a job.

SO now that I have a face-to-face interview coming up it's time I get shopping. Fashion Island, here I come!!! Of course I'm going to prepare for this in ways not relating to my apparel, but appearances make a huge impact on your success, and if you think they don't, you are sorely mistaken. I've worn my BCBG Maxazria suit to the last couple of interviews, so I think it's time for something different. Once I've got that in the bag- literally, I continue with my prepping via continued studying of the position requirements, the program, and answers to anticipated interview questions. I spent pretty much half of my 4th of July weekend in Big Bear practicing and overhauling my resume, all of yesterday studying and preparing for the phone interview... But you can never be too prepared. Remember the 5 P's: Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance.

Wish me luck, darlings!

No comments:

Post a Comment