Friday, August 20, 2010

Tried and eh... Tried and True.

So I finally did make those red velvet butter cookies. I guess I was expecting something a bit sweeter- and they were a little lack-lustre. And made my hands and kitchen a huge mess. and the powdered sugar you roll them in before putting them in the oven .. got all melty and nasty looking so they did not come out looking as nice as they're supposed to. So forget that ish. 


But on a better note, I went to Napa last weekend (love) and got to visit my favorite winery, Larkmead. It's a gorgeous winery with absolutely delightful people! If you've never tried their wine it is an absolute MUST. Their Cabernet and Firebelle are fantastic- I haven't met a Larkmead wine that I haven't liked but those two are their most popular and for good reason.


So get out there, make better cookies than I did, but drink the wine I like because I have good taste :)

No comments:

Post a Comment