Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Flavia Thief

Awkward and odd interactions are nothing out of the ordinary to me at work. Being the receptionist- usually all you get are the quirky, nervous, or obnoxious side of employees and visitors. Yesterday I was just sitting, minding my own business when an employee from the other building with a thick russian accent stops at my desk on his way to his building... He holds up an entire hangar of Flavia flavor inserts for our big fancy coffee machine and asks me, "Who is responsible for refilling these? The machine in my building is out of this kind and I need more- it needs to be refilled." I told him the name of our day porter who is the person who refills the machines every day. And to my surprise he had no idea who I was talking about.... 


Everyone at our company knows the day porter.... he's the guy u call to clean crap up, haul stuff, bring you things, set up for meetings... anyway, he had no idea who I'm talking about, and, quite frankly, seemed upset that I wasn't the one responsible for refilling the machines because he seemed to want to be mad at someone for his machine being out of the "raspberry spark" flavor (I'm not kidding- he was all in a tissy for that girly flavor)... And to make it worse he has those cookie-monster eyes where they're looking different directions... so it probably upset him that I was switching between eyes bc I didn't know which one to look at when talking to him... 


So he leaves me a packet of the flavor to show the day porter and then runs off to his building with all of the packets from our building's machine. I laughed in astonishment and called the day porter to tell him what happened. Of course, this is his domain- restocking and such... so he got a little perturbed that someone was messing with his stuff. He dashes over and asks me about the exchange and then goes running after the thief. 


Come to find out later, the russian employee's name is Igor. Sadly ironic.

No comments:

Post a Comment