Saturday, June 26, 2010

C is for Cookie

Praise the Lord, I've found a recipe for yet another thing I cannot just pick up at the grocery store when I'm craving it... the first was Girl Scout Thin Mints...


Delicious little devils (particularly frozen). I tried to make them once with this recipe and they turned out not so amazing... I also just realized I left out the cornstarch, hmmm... maybe that's why... BUT I have a new recipe from Todd Wilbur's Top Secret Recipes and already bought the necessary fixin's to make them. I'll let you know how it goes. I have ONE real thin mint left over to compare them against.


Now the second, and if you haven't been to New York you may not understand why this is so exciting...
Black And White Cookies...


OHHH I die. There is no way to describe these babies but decadence and sin. I am planning on testing out the recipe I've found for them on Smitten Kitchen. I am hoping they turn out just like the real deal. If not, then well... I'll just have to get my fill when I'm in New York at summers end.

4 comments:

  1. I think its time to see you post some pics of your cookin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know, but I need a reason to cook- otherwise there are sweets lying around the house and J gets all worked up cuz theyre not in our diet. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man... i want to know how the thin mints turn out. i was freaking out last week because i realized i only have like 6 of them left from my girl scout stash...

    ReplyDelete
  4. girlfriend, ill make em soon and let u know.. if they turn out well we can make them when u come down!

    ReplyDelete